Thursday, August 5, 2010

Energy Film - Window Film

Every day I receive emails from local companies and customers asking me what I think about a product. Usually the "cure-alls" are just as reliable as the tonics from the old west. But occasionally I will stumble across a product that I haven't tried, and curiosity gets the best of this cat every time.

I went ahead and bought the 24in x 48in film for only $18. It claimed to help in both summer and winter, but being in Austin, there is only one season all year around.

It works on a similar principle to window tinting. You can tell almost immediately, this film is very effective at stopping heat. You can cut it really easily, and goes up without trouble. But if you have ever done vinyl, or tinting, you will know the troubles that face you.

This film bubbles at the drop of a hat, and wrinkles without warning, but that doesn't mean it doesn't do its job. With a careful hand, and a patient (almost saintly) partner, you can cover every window in your home (supposing you don't live in a McMansion) in an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment