Thursday, August 5, 2010

Recommended Book: Go Green, Live Rich

After reading David Bach's book Go Green, Live Rich, I couldn't help but recommend it. I'm not a green bandwagonist in the sense that I have to have everything green, just because everyone says I should, or because I know it is the ecological (not necessarily economical) thing to do. I drive a Ford truck, and love it. I run my AC at 70, and not the 74 I should. And I shop for most of my vegetables, instead of growing them. I don't always live what I preach, but this book made me change some of my personal habits.

I have started biking a lot more. I used to do it only for recreation, but now to take the 3 mile trip to the grocery store for a loaf of bread or gallon of milk, I hop on my trusty 21 speed and pedal my butt over there.

My partner and I hang clothes to dry instead of using the drier.

Every little bit helps, and it all saves money.

Read it, live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment